Pages

Sunday, April 19, 2015

E.L.F (Eyes Lips Face) Product Review


When I went to Target the other day I was so excited to go check out what E.L.F products they had available.  Once I got to the makeup section I saw a display of E.L.F makeup sets.  One of the sets was the 5 Piece Get The Look Essential Eye Set and wait for it....it was $5.00!  So I snatched that up along with the 5 Piece Shimmer Eye Liner set which was also only $5.00!  That is what I really love about E.L.F, the quality is as good as some products that cost 10 times as much.  And let me tell you, everything that I got that day I was completely satisfied with and I would highly recommend these products!  Lets get started then!!

The first piece to the set is this 3 color eyeshadow.  It includes a beautiful gold, dark gray, and a beautiful highlight color. I was so amazed with the quality of this eyeshadow and how pigmented and gorgeous it looked.  I'm definitely going to be doing an eye makeup tutorial soon using only these E.L.F products!
The Set also came with a liquid eyeliner.  It has the perfect size brush which makes it easy to use, and last for HOURS.  The Mascara in the set was probably what I ended up being most impressed with.  It made my eyelashes look AMAZING, it lengthened them, and darkened them perfectly.  The last 2 pieces are the eyelash curler, and the eyeshadow brush so I'm not going to do a review on those.  I did also buy a couple of E.L.F brushes while I was there.  I got the Foundation Brush and the E.L.F studio Stipple Brush.
 I thought that the foundation brush was okay, I wasn't necesarilly disappointed but I also wasn't too impressed. The foundation brush was only $2.00 and the Stipple Brush was $3.00. The E.L.F studio Stipple Brush I thought was pretty great, it did a wonderful job blending and contouring.  What I love about the Stipple Brush is that it can be used with both wet and dry product.  Both of these brushes I would recommend, especially to someone who is on a budget!

The next product that I purchased at Target was the E.L.F shimmer eyeliner set.  It came with 5 different colors including: purple, gold, teal, gray, and black. Or to be more specific what E.L.F calls Gunmetal, Boldly Bronze, Twinkle Teal, Plum Passion, Black Bandit.  The first thing I thought when I saw these pencils was this is PERFECT for the pop of color trend that is in this season and I couldn't wait to try it out!


When I first opened this set and tried out the pencils I was so pleasantly surprised with the quality of them.  The colors were all beautiful and had the perfect amount of shimmer.  They glided on beautifully and each came with their own sharpener attached to their cap. 
 
The only color I would say I was a little disappointed with was the gray, it looked more like the black pencil when I tried it on.  Otherwise all the rest of the colors I thought were really nice. 
So there you have it ladies!  I'll end with this, I HIGHLY recommend e.l.f to anyone who is on a budget and looking for a good quality makeup.  I'll be posting an e.l.f makeup tutorial very soon! :)
Check out my e.lf. eye makeup tutorial <3
 
 
Hey everyone, so I have a few more products to add to my review that I just recently grabbed from
target the other day :)
 
 So the first product that I got is this beautiful 32 Shade Eyeshadow Palette from e.l.f and it was an affordable $5.00.  So when I first used it I was very pleasantly surprised with the quality of the eyeshadows.  The colors are super pigmented and shimmery.  Although I absolutely love most of the colors in the palette, there are a few that I was a little disappointed with.  I found that most of the eyeshadows were pigmented and others were a little on the dull side. This is a product that I would recommend!
So next of course is the e.l.f Under Eye Conceal & Highlighter.  This is a product that when I run out I buy another one!  It does such a great job of really brightening up your dark circles and giving you a fresh, wide-awake look!

Last but certainly not least is the e.l.f daily brush cleaner.  What I did first was clean my brushes with one teaspoon of White Vinegar and hot water.  You soak your brushes in this mixture for 20 minutes and then let them dry.  Once the brushes are dry you take your e.l.f daily brush cleaner and spray each brush about 2 or 3 times.  After you spray the brush you want to take it & rub the brush on a clean cloth to get off any excess product.  Once you complete these steps just allow the brush to dry and your done!

No comments:

Post a Comment